(Rank of Difficulty: Easy)
yum yum yum yum yum
So I recently got together with my friend Kanika, and we decided we wanted to do something creative, whether it be a craft or bake something. Well, if you haven't guessed we settled on being little chefs for the evening and found the recipe for strawberries filled with cream cheese via the delightful, and very resourceful Pinterest (I do have to confess though I do not use it quite as much as I should...). Anyways, the treat came out beautifully and quite tasty too, but we of course had to modify it a little to make it even better ;). So... here we go! Warning: the deliciousness is quite unbearable and brothers may try to steal the divine food for their own prosperity and taste buds.
(Keep in mind you can always double, triple, etc the recipe for more deliciousness)
--1 pound of strawberries
-- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
--1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons of sugar (the original recipe recommended powdered sugar but we used granulated)
--1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-- optional: graham cracker crumbs, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc
1. Rinse strawberries. Cut the top leaf part off and cut out the center/inside of the strawberries. Set aside for later.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until the mixture is very creamy.
3. Put the cream cheese filling in a piping bag or ziploc with the corner cut off.
4. Fill each hollow strawberry with the deliciousness you have now mixed together.
5. Optional: Dip strawberries into crushed graham cracker or add a chocolate chip or blueberry to the top.
6. Optional: Refrigerate to chill and HIDE (hehehe... jk we aren't that greedy... maybe...).
7. Enjoy the immense tastiness!
I hope you enjoyed my first recipe! Now.. GO! and enjoy the wonderfulness of this creamy fruit.